The Thunderbird School of Global Management is a private nonprofit business school situated in Glendale, Arizona, United States. The school offers graduate level courses such as the Master of Business Administration also referred to as the MBA and other prestigious master degrees. The school offers both traditional and online programs for full time applicants and working individuals. The Thunderbird School was established in 1946 at the Thunderbird Field No. 1 which is a former military airfield.
The Thunderbird School of Global Management welcomes slightly over 1,000 students annually.
The MBA Program: Global Online MBA
The distance MBA program at the Thunderbird School of Global Management offers a world class education. It is geared towards professionals that cannot take time away from their careers but still wish to pursue their education. The online MBA program blends both web based coursework with mandatory onsite seminars around the world. The program allows applicants opportunities to work in different time zones or borders with a diverse group of individuals.
- The applicant will complete in an online MBA program that allows them to study from anywhere in the world on their own time schedules. Applicants do not have to take time away from their lives to complete their education.
- The program supplies a unique experience where part of their program is delivered online while part of it mandates seminars in different areas in the world. This allows applicants to build networking connections with their peers that they will have the opportunity to meet at these seminars.
- The program focuses on some of the following parts of global management:
o Regional Business Environments
o Global Political Economy
o Cross Cultural Communications and Negotiations
- The program allows applicants to explore and understand different cultures with their onsite seminars.
- The program brings all the applicants together at the end of the program so that they may all participate in a graduation together at the Arizona campus.
Cost: The full tuition cost for the Global MBA Online program through the Thunderbird School of Global Management is $69,800. This includes:
- Housing for international trips and on-campus sessions. This includes meals, cultural activities, and corporate visits.
- All course material from cases, academic materials, and textbooks
- Career management support
- Special events
- Access to the school’s online resources such as the library
- Graduate ceremony
There is funding available for qualified applicants.
Duration: These online MBA programs are designed to be completed within 19-28 months.
- The applicant must have undergraduate degree
- The applicant must have 2 years of previous professional management experience
- The applicant must have access to a computer with a microphone and webcam
- Applicants who speak English as their second language will be required to submit scores from either the TOEFL or any other language assessment test.
- While the course will be conducted mostly online applicants will be required to travel to the school to participate in seminars as well as to participate in a graduation ceremony with their peers.