The Smeal College of Business
The Smeal College of Business is the public business school associated with the Pennsylvania State University. The business college is located in University Park, Pennsylvania. The school was first established in 1953 and has since been providing applicants with outstanding business degrees. The Smeal College of Business sees a yearly enrollment of over 5,000 students.
The Smeal College of Business: The MBA Scholarships
There are many MBA scholarship opportunities available through the Smeal College of Business. These MBA scholarship opportunities are awarded for a variety of different reasons ranging from merit to financial need. Every applicant entering a MBA program at the college will be automatically considered for at least one of the following categories of MBA scholarships.
Smeal College of Business Merit Based MBA Scholarships
Description: Merit based scholarships are designed to recognize the best all-around candidates and offer them assistance financing their MBA programs. These are highly competitive scholarships. Merit is determined by the following criteria:
- GMAT scores
- Professional work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- The individuals’ personal MBA interest and goals.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships award partial to fully funded MBA scholarships to qualified applicants.
Smeal College of Business Need Based MBA Scholarships
Description: The Smeal College of Business understands that applicants at times have problems paying for the costs of their MBA programs. They also realize that no all applicants will receive financial support or sponsorship from their respectable companies and will be in need of additional assistance. The university works to offer applicants with need based scholarships for applicants that have expressed financial need or hardship.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships range from partially funded to fully funded tuition scholarships depending on the individual’s financial needs.
- Applicants will need to submit a minimum of 500 word essay describing why the applicant feels they are deserving of the need based scholarship.
- Applicants will need to clearly demonstrate their financial hardships and their assured financial sources they have already secured.
Smeal MBA Scholarships
Description: These scholarships are awarded for outstanding applicants that show leadership potential as well as bring a level of diversity to the program.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships range from awarding $5,000-$10,000 to qualified applicants.
Requirements for MBA Consideration:
- The applicant needs to have an outstanding undergraduate degree related to their MBA interest.
- The applicant needs to be able to converse professionally. Applicants that are travelling from countries where English is not their primary language will be requested to submit English language valuation scores. The TOEFL or the IELTS are satisfactory for this request.
- The applicant must deliver all their preceding academic records as well an updated CV or resume.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic or professional references. For MBA programs professional reference hold more substance than previous academic supervisors.
- The applicant should have a minimum of at least two years of professional work experience in a business management position before undertaking the MBA program at the Smeal College of Business.