Simon Graduate School of Business Administration
The William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration is the graduate business school associated with the University of Rochester. The Simon Graduate School was established in 1958 and has since then been providing the world with outstanding business degrees. The Simon Graduate School sees a yearly enrollment of over 300 students.
The MBA Scholarships
There are many MBA scholarship opportunities available through the Simon Graduate School of Business Administration. These MBA scholarship opportunities are awarded for a variety of different reasons ranging from merit to financial need. Every applicant entering a MBA program at the college will be automatically considered for at least one of the following categories of MBA scholarships.
The Simon Graduate School hosts a unique opportunity know as Scholarship Weekend. Scholarship Weekend is an invite only event for full time MS and MBA applicants that have been admitted into the Simon Graduate School of Business Administration. The weekend includes the following challenges:
- Case by case competition
- Professional interview
- Professional writing assignment
Applicants will also be critiqued on their interactions with students, administration, staff, and previous alumni of Simon.
Scholarship Weekend Award
Applicants that participate in Scholarship Weekend will be allowed to participate in a fun social environment that helps to promote networking and interpersonal business skills. The opportunity also provides applicants with the awarding of several different scholarships for the school ranging in value that wouldn’t have normally been opened at the time. The largest merit based scholarships awarded through the university are awarded during Scholarship Weekend.
The Admissions Committee hold the final decision making process when it comes to these MBA scholarships. These MBA scholarships range from:
- Full time to part time scholarships
- Full tuition scholarships
- Private named scholarships
- Bursaries and stipends.
The better an applicant does through Scholarship Weekend the better the scholarship they will be awarded.
Merit Based MBA Scholarships
Description: Merit based scholarships are designed to recognize the best all-around candidates and offer them assistance financing their MBA programs. These are highly competitive scholarships. Merit is determined by the following criteria:
- GMAT scores
- Professional work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- The individuals’ personal MBA interest and goals.
Requirements for MBA Consideration:
- The applicant needs to have an outstanding undergraduate degree related to their MBA interest.
- The applicant needs to be able to converse professionally. Applicants that are travelling from countries where English is not their primary language will be requested to submit English language valuation scores. The TOEFL or the IELTS are satisfactory for this request.
- The applicant must deliver all their preceding academic records as well an updated CV or resume.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic or professional references. For MBA programs professional reference hold more substance than previous academic supervisors.
- Applicant should have a minimum of at least two years of professional work experience in a business management position before undertaking the MBA program at the Simon Graduate School.