USC Marshall School of Business
USC Marshall School of Business is the private business school associated with the University of Southern California. The school was established in 1920 and has since then been providing the world with an elite private business school experience. The USC Marshall School of Business is located in Los Angeles, California. The business school sees a yearly enrollment of over 4,000 students.
The MBA Scholarships
There are many MBA scholarship opportunities available for students studying at the USC Marshall School of Business. It is estimated that the total cost of the full time two year MBA program would range close to $108,000 or more. This amount includes everything from tuition to study materials as well as the cost of living. There are a range of different MBA scholarships that are awarded for a large variety of reasons from established merit to need based to the fact that an applicant fits a certain profile.
Marshall Fellows Scholarships
Description: These fellows’ scholarships are awarded by previous alumni as well as generous individuals and corporations to qualified applicants. These scholarships can be awarded based off of merit. The intent of these MBA scholarships is the target the most qualified applicants who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance, leadership qualities, as well as previous professional attitude and achievements. They take into consideration things such as previous corporations an applicant has worked for or if the applicant is a member of an underrepresented minority.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships usually award partially funded scholarships and in some instances an outstanding applicant will be awarded a full tuition scholarship. These scholarships normally award a minimum of $10,000 to be put towards tuition fees.
Scholarship Duration: These fellows scholarships are intended to last the full duration of the two year full time MBA programs offered at the USC Marshall School of Business. The second year is not always guaranteed and applicants must maintain a minimum GPA to continue to be eligible.
Requirements for MBA Consideration:
- The applicant needs to have an outstanding undergraduate degree related to their MBA interest.
- The applicant needs to be able to converse professionally. Applicants that are travelling from countries where English is not their primary language will be requested to submit English language valuation scores. The TOEFL or the IELTS are satisfactory for this request.
- The applicant must deliver all their preceding academic records as well an updated CV or resume.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic or professional references. For MBA programs professional reference hold more substance than previous academic supervisors.
- The applicant should have a minimum of at least two years of professional work experience in a business management position before undertaking the MBA program at the USC Marshall School of Business.
- In most cases a scholarship will be awarded for the first year with the second year to be awarded after satisfactory academic performance has been achieved. In most cases applicants must maintain a minimum GPA to continue to qualify for these scholarships.