Robert H. Smith School of Business
The Robert H. Smith School of Business is the public business school associated with the University of Maryland, College Park. The Smith School of Business is located in College Park, Maryland. The business school was established in 1921 and is accredited internationally as a prominent business school.
The MBA Scholarships
There are many MBA scholarship opportunities available for students studying at the Smith School of Business. Many MBA scholarship opportunities are provided based on merit and financial need. The Smith School of Business offers many PhD scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships for applicants that meet all the required criteria.
Smith Merit Based MBA Awards
Description: Merit based scholarships are available for applicants that show outstanding leadership qualities, previous academic performance, and professional performance. There is not a separate scholarship application needed for these awards. Every MBA applicant is automatically considered for a merit based scholarship once they enter the Smith School of Business.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships are awarded based on merit and range from $2,000 to fully covered tuition scholarships. These awards are awarded on individual basis.
- The applicant will have to provide evidence of professional achievement and leadership qualities.
- The applicants will be judged based off of their GMAT scores as well as extracurricular activities.
Deadline: To be considered for the spring 2015 session applicants must have their applications no later than the 15th of January. Applicants that turn in their applications earlier will have a higher chance of being awarded the scholarships.
Smith Graduate MBA Assistantships
Description: Financial aid is available through the business school for applicants that are interested in research or teaching MBA assistantships. Applicants are awarded these assistantship opportunities to help offer applicants an opportunity to further develop skills in areas such as:
- Business Research
- Project Management
- Small Business Counseling
Scholarship Award: These scholarships are awarded as partial tuition scholarships as well as a stipend.
- The applicant must commit at least 180 hours of teaching or research work every academic semester they are awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants that are unable to obtain direct assistantships from the Smith School of Business are able to apply for assistantships through the University of Maryland though it is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the appropriate departments.
- These assistantships are available for full time students only.
United States Military and Veterans MBA Scholarships
Description: The Smith School of Business is proud to be able to offer veterans the opportunity to attend school in the program of their choosing. The Smith School of Business works with the normal GI Bill and covers the appropriate costs not covered by the standard GI Bill.
Scholarship Award: The school works in a partnership between the financial aid department and the GI Bill and the school covers the additional program costs if the GI Bill will not cover.
- In order to be eligible for these MBA scholarships must have been veterans that have been honorably discharged from military services.