The Robert Gordon University is a public university situated in Aberdeen, Scotland. The university was first recognized as a university in 1992 but originated sometime in the 18th century. The university derives its name from its founder Robert Gordon who was a very successful merchant. The Robert Gordon University sees an annual enrollment of over 16,500 students.
The MBA Scholarships
The Robert Gordon University’s Aberdeen Business School is delighted to offer a limited amount of MBA scholarships for qualified applicants wishing to undertake a MBA program at the university. The university offers full time MBA programs, online MBA programs, and Executive MBA’s that are taken as part time MBA’s. Applicants that have received offers for the following degrees will be considered for this scholarship:
- MBA Oil and Gas Management
- MBA Information Management
The MBA scholarship offers a grant to pay for a set amount of the tuition fees. Recipients of this MBA scholarship will still be required to pay the difference they own in tuition fees as well as their own living and travel expenses. The amounts are determined by the study status.
- Full Time MBA: These scholarships award anywhere from £3,000 to £9,000 depending on the individual’s personal financial need.
- Online/Executive MBA: These scholarships award any amount between £500 and £3,000 depending on the individual’s personal financial needs.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a MBA program at the Robert Gordon University.
- The applicant will be assessed on previous academic achievements.
- Applicants must be able to communicate effectively.
- The applicant is required to submit an essay that is a minimum of 1000 words and a maximum of 1500 words detailing the following areas:
o The applicants personal business experiences and managerial experiences and how that experience will transfer to their courses.
o The applicants own interpersonal skills.
o The applicant has to outline their prospective on the national and cultural level and how it might interest international classes.
o The applicant must outline what makes them special. They must demonstrate their specialized skill sets that set them apart from their class.
o The applicant must supply why they stand out more than any other applicant in their area or region.
- The applicant must have business or management experience.
How to Apply
The application is available for download at the school’s main website. Applicants wishing to obtain scholarships are only considered after they have successfully completed and submitted their applications for the MBA program.
The applicant should fill out the application and gather all the necessary documents such as:
- Previous academic transcripts
- At least two references
- Their current CV or resume detailing their management or business experiences
- The essay that applicants are required to write for MBA scholarship consideration.
- The applicant should include any and all language assessment scores if they were required to take them for admission.
Once these MBA scholarships are completed then they must be emailed to the university. It is important that it is included in both the email and the application that the applicant is wishing to be considered for a MBA scholarship.
Once all the required paperwork is in then an admissions panel will review all of the paperwork and render a decision.
The deadline is the 1st of September.