Michigan State University: Eli Broad College of Business
The Eli Broad College of Business is the public business school associated with the Michigan State University. The school was established in 1953 and has since then proven to be a prestigious and internationally recognized business college. The college is accredited through the AACSB. The Eli Broad College of Business sees a yearly enrollment of over 6,000 students.
The MBA Scholarships
There are many MBA scholarship opportunities available through the Eli Broad College of Business. These MBA scholarship opportunities are awarded for a variety of different reasons ranging from merit to financial need. Every applicant entering a MBA program at the college will be automatically considered for at least one of the following categories of MBA scholarships.
Merit Based MBA Scholarships
Description: Merit based scholarships are designed to recognize the best all-around candidates and offer them assistance financing their MBA programs. These are highly competitive scholarships. Merit is determined by the following criteria:
- GMAT scores
- Professional work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- The individuals’ personal MBA interest and goals.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships award $2,000-$24,000 annually depending on the individual applicant.
Eli Board Graduate Assistantship Award
Description: These graduate assistantships are designed to recognize the best all-around candidates and offer them assistance financing their MBA programs. These are highly competitive scholarships. Any applicant is eligible for one of these financial awards and recipients will all be awarded in state tuition status regardless of their origins.
Scholarship Award: These assistantship positions allow for a sum of $17,000- $33,000 to be awarded to qualified applicants. The amount of the award will be dependent on the individual applicant as well as their student status. Applicants that receive one of these assistantships will be qualified for health care coverage and services. Applicants are also eligible for small stipends and consideration for cheaper tuition and parking fees.
The Weekend MBA Scholarship
Description: This unique scholarship is intended to target MBA applicants that are pursuing a slower paced MBA experience through the weekend MBA program offered at the Eli Broad College of Business.
Number of Scholarships: There is only one currently weekend MBA scholarship available to applicants.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship awards $5,000 for future weekend MBA participants.
Requirements for MBA Consideration:
- The applicant needs to have an outstanding undergraduate degree related to their MBA interest.
- The applicant needs to be able to converse professionally. Applicants that are travelling from countries where English is not their primary language will be requested to submit English language valuation scores. The TOEFL or the IELTS are satisfactory for this request.
- The applicant must deliver all their preceding academic records as well an updated CV or resume.
- The applicant must provide at least two academic or professional references. For MBA programs professional reference hold more substance than previous academic supervisors.
- The applicant should have a minimum of at least two years of professional work experience in a business management position before undertaking the MBA program at the Eli Broad College of Business.