The Aston Business School is a business school located in Birmingham, England. The Aston Business School is a part of the Aston University and is presently one of the largest business schools in Europe. The Aston Business School is among the few institutes that offers triple accreditation from the following associations:
- AACSB: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business based out of Tampa, Florida with offices in Singapore
- EQUIS: European Quality Improvement Systems based out of Brussels
- AMBA: The Associate of MBA’s based out of London
The school enrolls over 3000 students annually.
The MBA Scholarships
Aston Business School is pleased to offer a large range of MBA scholarships for applicants that show promise as the business leaders of tomorrow. Each of the scholarships awarded for the MBA programs are put directly towards the payment of tuition fees.
Award: Scholarships are varied but are awarded up to £10,000 for self-funded applicants who show potential in the following traits:
- Leadership Potential
- High Academic Potential.
- The applicant must present a three slide presentation (using PowerPoint or a similar program) illustrating what they believe their education at Aston will do for them.
- The applicant must be self-funded.
- The applicant will be required to interview for the program as well as the scholarship unless they are a part of the online or executive MBA program. Those applicants will be asked to write essays instead of interviewing.
- The applicant will be judged based on their potential in business and leadership.
- The applicant must provide an up to date CV and work history that provides proof of progression and experience in management.
- The applicant will be required to become ambassadors for the MBA programs. This includes potentially having to give testimony to the excellence of the program and helping other upcoming applicants find the program and scholarships that meets their needs. It is an honour to be chosen for an ambassador position.
Deadline: All MBA scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. The applicant is advised to apply as soon as their can in order to up their chances of being chosen for a scholarship. The scholarships are considered in the order they are received and are subject to budget limitations.
Online MBA and Executive MBA Applicants
Scholarships for these programs cover 10-50% of tuition fees for self-funded applicants. Decisions revolving around these MBA scholarships are made within 48 hours of all the work being turned in.
Specialized bursaries are available for alumni who completed their undergraduate degrees with Aston University. The bursaries cover roughly 20% of the full cost of tuition fees. Alumni are also eligible to apply for other scholarships.
How to Be a Successful Applicant
- Applicants wishing to receive a scholarships should be within the top 10% in their previous educational programs.
- The applicant must have a work history that shows strong evidence of their leadership qualities and further leadership potential.
- The applicant should illustrate a personal brand and make sure of networking and social media
- The applicant must always present a clear and up to date CV for consideration.