The McGill University is a public research university located in Montreal, Canada. The university was established in 1821 and was named after a Scottish merchant named James McGill. The university is very selective and amongst the most prestigious universities in the world. The McGill University sees an annual enrollment of over 30,000 students.
The MBA Scholarships
The McGill University has many MBA scholarship opportunities for international candidates. Students will have access to a variety of different MBA scholarship opportunities that are awarded for merit basis. Every MBA applicant is automatically considered for a MBA scholarships.
Study Abroad Scholarship: The Leverhulme Trust
Description: The Leverhulme Trust scholarships are awarded to applicants residing in the United Kingdom to help support their research studies all over the world. These scholarships are intended for United Kingdom residents to be able to study abroad.
Award: The award allows for a living allowance of £17,000. Applicants are also allowed an additional £6,000 if they have a dependent that will be travelling with them. This MBA scholarship will also cover the cost of travel as well as contribute to international tuition fees at the discretion of the Leverhulme Trust.
Duration: This MBA scholarship covers a duration between 12 months to 24 months.
- The applicant must have been a resident of the United Kingdom for a minimum of five years before applying for this MBA scholarship.
- The applicant must already hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant must illustrate how their research work will benefit from studying overseas instead of in the United Kingdom.
HE Herschorn Graduate Award: This scholarship was established back in 1965 and has been awarding full time MBA applicants entering MBA programs at the university. These MBA scholarships are awarded based on academic merit.
Award: These MBA scholarships award up to $4,800 that is not renewable.
Duration: This MBA scholarship is offered once as an entrance MBA scholarship.
MBA Women Leadership Awards
Description: These MBA scholarships were first established in 2012 to help support female applicants entering MBA programs at McGill University. These scholarships are intended for female applicants to help promote equality and diversity within the MBA programs. These MBA scholarships are awarded to female applicants that demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and have a strong academic background.
Award: These scholarships award up to $20,000 to be put towards tuition fees. These scholarships are not renewable.
Requirements for all MBA Scholarships
- The applicants must have an upper second class or first class degree.
- The applicant must be a registered student at the McGill University to be considered for these awards.
- The applicant must have obtained at least two years of practical experience in full time professional or managerial positions. Managerial experience may be substituted for not having honours.
- The applicant must submit their GMAT test scores.
- The applicant must be diligent, disciplined, and able to learn independently.
- Applicants that are from countries where English is not their first language they will be required to submit language assessment scores.