Oxford Brookes University is a public university sited in Oxford, England. The Oxford Brookes University was originally established as the Oxford School of Art in 1865. In 1870, the School of Science was added to the area and the institute was reformed as the Oxford City Technical School. The university was renamed Oxford Brookes University in 1992, deriving its name from its first principal to managed the merged schools, John Henry Brookes. The university enrolls over 18,400 students annually.
Distance MBA Program
These online MBA programs are geared towards professionals that do not wish to take time away from their busy lives but wish to pursue their educations. It is intended for professionals that are ready to rise in their companies or experience new experiences in the business world. The online MBA focuses on offering their academic courses and allowing applicants to specialize by selecting electives. The MBA program at the Oxford Brookes University attracts applicants from over 60 countries around the world. This approach offers applicants the best in networking opportunities. The MBA program through the Oxford Brookes University is accredited by the AMBA.
- Applicants are afforded the opportunity to choose between a part time distance MBA programs or blend an online MBA program with a mix of on-site study and seminars.
- Applicants can earn the same prestigious traditional MBA at their own homes. Applicants no longer have to take time away from their families or their careers to pursue their education. The modules are available 24 hours a day seven days a week so applicants can determine when and where they wish to study.
- Applicants will be engaged with other students from over 60 countries. This allows each applicant a unique opportunity to network and get an understanding of other cultures and business outlooks. It gives applicants a new understanding of these different contexts:
o Cultural Contexts
These distance MBA programs are designed to be completed within 21-30 months. Applicants will be undertaking part time studies and should be able to commit 15-20 hours towards their school work weekly in order to complete at least two modules every six months. ACCA members that have previous credits are eligible to complete the program within 21 months.
- The applicant must have undergraduate degree
- Applicants who speak English as their second language will be required to submit scores from either the TOEFL or any other language assessment test.
- The applicant must have obtained at least two years of practical experience in full time professional or managerial positions. Managerial experience may be substituted for not having honours.
- The applicant must submit their GMAT test scores.
- The applicant must be diligent, disciplined, and able to learn independently. The applicant must also be able to meet deadlines and keep in contact with supervisors.
- Applicants that choose to blend both the online distance MBA program with onsite seminars and courses are required to participate in the mandatory onsite sessions.